1. Why Hire OC String Ensemble?
We are a unique string group based in the LA/OC Area providing clients with an out of this world experience. We perform not only Classical repertoire but can also play some of the newest songs heard on the radio today. If there is a specific song you'd prefer we can get it arranged for you at a small fee. There is no song we cannot play!
2. Why Hire a us Instead of a Smaller Ensemble?
Unlike other small/solo ensembles, string trios/quartets have some of the largest repertoire to choose from, and produce a rich and full sound.
3. What Do You Require at the Venue?
Chairs with no arms, one for each member.
4. How Do the Musicians Dress?
We wear formal black attire.
5. Do You Play Outdoors?
Yes. Our only concerns are for the safety of the instruments, and our ability to provide quality music. We prefer to be in full shade, and there must be no precipitation. (Please contact us if there is no shade available in the area so we can make arrangements).
6. Do You Take Breaks? Do We Need To Provide You With a Meal?
Yes. We will take a short break after each hour played. For performances of 3 hours or more, we request meals, or at minimum refreshments and light snacks. For performances of less than 2 hours we would appreciate water/refreshments, but is not required.
7. Can You Move From One Place to Another?
Yes. We often play during separate parts of events, such as during a ceremony, then during the reception.
SPECIFIC CEREMONY QUESTIONS
8. Can You Give Me Music Suggestions?
Yes. Please contact us for suggestions. You may also choose to look at our Ceremony suggestion list, located on our Repertoire Page..
9. Do You Attend Wedding Ceremony Rehearsals?
We can attend Wedding Rehearsals, however there is a small fee. On your ceremony day, we will arrive approximately 1 hour before we are scheduled to play, to verify that our cues are correct, set up, tune, etc (You are not charged for the set up). If you are having us play for your processional and/or recessional, please be assured that we are adept at timing the music to the correct length and we will time the music to you.
10. How Should The Group Be Listed in a Bulletin?
You may list us as OC String Ensemble. It is not necessary to list individual members.
11. Do You Perform at Receptions as Well as Ceremonies?
Yes. We perform Pop, Classical and Contemporary songs and would love to perform for your Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, and/or Reception.
12. When Do I Need to Have My Wedding Music Chosen?
In order for us to plan ahead, we ask that you have your final selections no later than 2 weeks before your wedding. We would be happy to assist you in your song selections.
13. Should I Have Music Before My Ceremony?
We recommend fifteen to thirty minutes of prelude music.
14. How Many Prelude Pieces Should I Choose?
If you have specific favorites that you would like us to play, please consult our repertoire list and choose three or four pieces. We will add more, if necessary, using the style of the pieces you have selected. If you do not have any requests, we will be happy to choose for you.
15. How Will You Know When to Start the Processional Music?
We will need a cue from a wedding coordinator, a representative from the venue, or someone else of your choosing. We will seek out the pre-arranged person before the ceremony to confirm.
16. Do We Need to Time Our Ceremony Music in Order to Finish Walking the Music?
No. We will time our music to you. We are experienced and skilled at ending pieces at the right time. We only need to know how many people are processing to each piece.
17. Do You Play Traditional Catholic Wedding Mass Music?
Due to the fact that this music involves the congregation singing, we ask that you hire an organist, pianist or cantor to play and sing this music. We can perform with these people, if we have the music, or if the music is provided to us.
18. How Soon Do I Need to Book a Date?
We are taking bookings for this year, as well as for next year. If you wold like us to play for your event, please contact us as soon as possible in order to secure your date. A signed contract and deposit is required to hold a date and time. The remaining balance is due the day of the performance before we perform.
19. Do We Need to Meet in Person?
It is not necessary to meet in person. All details can be addressed over the phone or via email.
20. My Wedding and Reception are at Two Different Locations. How Do You Charge for Performing in Two Venues?
We charge by time. We will assess whether it will be less expensive for you to be charged for one event (including the time between) or for two events. We will charge whichever will be the lesser amount.
21. Do You Charge for Travel if There is Only One Venue?
We charge $1 per mile to your venue.
22. What if I Have Other Questions Not Addressed Here?
You may contact us via our contact form, and we will get back to you within 24 hours.